Excluding files from regular R1Soft backups can save bandwidth and storage space. But it also costs time. In fact, excluding very large numbers of files can add days to the time it takes to back up your server – unless you follow this guide to excluding files efficiently in R1Soft.
iWeb promised to continually improve the Smart Server by regularly adding new features and functionalities. A new one just appeared in the Control Center: R1Soft Backups.
You will now be able to backup and restore your Smart Servers’ data and configurations (including MySQL databases) in a few clicks with R1Soft’s easy-to-use web based user interface. Easy activation and management is accessible right from the Control Center. Various available packages offer up to 500GB server backup storage. Continue reading »
Snow is coming slowly in Montreal and we have decided to to fill the lack of sun by the craziest promotion ever since iWeb’s creation (13 years already!). We offer a 50% discount on a few selected servers. There are 8 completely different offers to fullfill your hosting needs. We go from the bandwidth offer (50Mbps unmetered or 10TB) to offers with better security (Firewall + R1Soft Backup + Level 5 management)
Here is a brief description of the offers:
- Low budget server: $69/month
- Power Servers: 6GB of RAM and a fast Velociraptor hard drive
- Peace of mind offer: firewall hardware (hotbrick), 50GB of R1Soft Backup, Level 5 Management
- Windows Server: Windows server free
- Intense bandwidth server: choose between 50Mbps unlimited or 10TB/month of bandwidth
- Mac Server: with 20Mbps of bandwidth and 50Mbps for your xserve
- Server with free control panel: Plesk – Parallels Panel 100
- Free Cluster: free server – add a database server ($249/month) and get another for free ($249/month value)
You can also double your RAM for free on each of those offers (except cluster, Mac deal, and power servers). You can simply tweet the message available on the promotion page.
We will be going for the first time at the annual conference cPanel will be hosting at Houston from 5th to 7th October 2009. For this opportunity, iWeb will be represented by Simon Boulet, IT Director, and Jean-François Chevrette, IT architecture speclalist.
Like our partners Microsoft and R1Soft, we will be attentive to the conferences covering improvement and new products for cPanel. We want also to know more about Enkompass, the new control panel from cPanel compatible with Windows and IIS7, and at the same time ask questions to engineers who developed this software.
Did you know that…
- the first customer who used cPanel in a iWeb dedicated server was on 10th September 2004?
- our control panel PanelBox for our shared hosting offering uses at its core cPanel?
- migrating from a competing control panel to cpanel is free (an offer by cPanel)?
- we offer cPanel licensing for our colocation customers, or if the server is not even hosted at iWeb?
- you can contact for free cPanel if you have problems with your control panel?
If you want to meet Simon or Jean-François at the cPanel conference, please leave a comment on this post and we will get you in touch with them.