Server virtualization lets you get more from your servers. It lets you save money by simultaneously increasing server capacity while reducing the number of physical servers you use. And that’s not all. Virtualization makes managing IT simpler. It lets you deploy and integrate business tools, websites and databases much more quickly. So you can drive growth through improved productivity and much easier scaling.
Find out how virtualization can help YOU in our non-technical white paper: The Secret To Improving Business IT.
Embed The Secret To Improving Business IT on your site: copy and paste the code below
Imagine the interface, features and benefits of Microsoft Azure, hosted on private servers, within a firewall, in the jurisdiction of your choice, available to your applications, employees or hosting customers, according to your own pricing and access decisions. Now stop imagining and ship it, by following these three steps.
Continue reading »
We’re delighted to announce both the launch of our new Microsoft Private Cloud Hosting service and our status as Microsoft Cloud OS Network Partner. It’s great news for our Windows Server customers, as well as the millions of businesses who use Windows Server to power their web presence and corporate IT, both in Canada and around the world.
You can be certain that as a leading Microsoft Cloud OS partner in Canada, iWeb’s offer a Microsoft Private Cloud service with a level of knowledge, support and up-to-date service features that your business will not find elsewhere in Canada.
Say hello to:
- The best Microsoft Windows Server and Cloud OS expertise in the industry
- The latest updates, versions and features, available first with iWeb
- The Canadian data sovereignty option
- A greener option for Microsoft Private Cloud hosting
Continue reading »
The iWeb will have a strong presence at the next DemoCamp in Montreal. 2 of our employees will present and Jean-Luc SansCartier (@jeanlucs) will be an event host.
What is a DemoCamp? It’s an opportunity for Web developers and startups to meet and learn more about the job market, local brilliant projects, and network at the same time! It’s a series of 6-8 presentations which showcase the developer community. The demo can be a software, a web application or a current project. No powerpoints, just demos! The idea is to show technology in action and inspire attendees.
The Demo will be at the Mont-Royal center 2nd December 2009 at 6.30pm. The evening will start after the career workshop at 6.30, up to 8pm, when the demos will start. The event is free and open to all!
The presentations by iWeb employees will be Patrick Lafontaine and Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn. The subjects will be:
- Getting efficient MySQL backups, for free. Patick Lafontaine, certified MySQL DBA (CMDBA) and MySQL Developer (CMDEV)
- Presentation of free software for developing on a microcontroller PIC 16 bit. Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn, electrical engineer student
We hope to see you at the DemoCamp next wednesday.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
We will be going for the first time at the annual conference cPanel will be hosting at Houston from 5th to 7th October 2009. For this opportunity, iWeb will be represented by Simon Boulet, IT Director, and Jean-François Chevrette, IT architecture speclalist.
Like our partners Microsoft and R1Soft, we will be attentive to the conferences covering improvement and new products for cPanel. We want also to know more about Enkompass, the new control panel from cPanel compatible with Windows and IIS7, and at the same time ask questions to engineers who developed this software.
Did you know that…
- the first customer who used cPanel in a iWeb dedicated server was on 10th September 2004?
- our control panel PanelBox for our shared hosting offering uses at its core cPanel?
- migrating from a competing control panel to cpanel is free (an offer by cPanel)?
- we offer cPanel licensing for our colocation customers, or if the server is not even hosted at iWeb?
- you can contact for free cPanel if you have problems with your control panel?
If you want more info on the cPanel conference on their website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter..
If you want to meet Simon or Jean-François at the cPanel conference, please leave a comment on this post and we will get you in touch with them.