MONTREAL, May 23, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ – Christian Primeau has been appointed president and chief operating officer of iWeb, the Montreal-based Cloud service and Internet hosting company co-founded by Martin Leclair and Eric Chouinard. Primeau takes office today with a clear mandate: to implement the company’s strategic plan and compound its growth.
In February, iWeb added Bruce Knooihuizen, former Rackspace CFO, to its Board of Directors.
“I have long talked about our intent to grow iWeb into a $100 million business, and the Chief Operating Officer’s role is vitally important to attaining that level of revenue. It’s hard to overstate its importance, strategically speaking.” comments Eric Chouinard, CEO, who had been acting as interim COO since the company’s privatization, in June 2011. “Success leaves a trail, and since iWeb’s privatization, last year, we have been following the impressive trail left by Christian. It takes a particular mix of expertise and vision to lead iWeb’s operations to the next level, and Christian’s resourcefulness and drive will be important elements of iWeb’s future!”
Christian Primeau’s career, in a snapshot;
Bell Canada > 2006-2012
– Vice-President, Quebec Sales
– Vice-President, Client Delivery Services
– General Manager, Infrastructure Services
Sun Microsystems > 1994-2006
– Vice-President, Partners and Alliances
– National District Manager
– Business Development Manager, E-Commerce and ERP Solutions
“The mission is clear: to make it possible for iWeb to triple revenues in the near future, in a sustainable way, while respecting the values that have enabled the company to become what it is today”, says Christian Primeau, on his first day on the job at iWeb’s Montreal head office. “In addition, from a more personal angle, I am returning to the exciting reality of a growth-oriented environment, mixed with the entrepreneurial spirit for which iWeb is known. It’s a challenge I simply could not refuse! ”
iWeb, ranked among the largest IT companies in Canada by the Branham Group (107th in Canada, 18th in Quebec), recently released a new “kinder” Cloud Server service, powered by its Smart Layer technology. Continuing its financial and technological growth, iWeb employs over 200 people, operates four IT and data centers in Montreal and, after being publicly-traded for eight years, completed its privatization in June of 2011.
About iWeb (iWeb.com)
iWeb provides the on-demand server and cloud infrastructure that allows over 20,000 customers worldwide to deliver today’s Internet-based technologies and to create tomorrow’s online innovations. Since 1996, Montreal-based iWeb has been rated among the world’s top web infrastructure providers based on performance and reliability and among Canada’s fastest growing companies.
For further information:
Terms & Conditions
- Applies to hardware iWeb's Montreal data centers only (not software licenses or other services)
- Excludes Intel E3v3, Intel E5v2, Intel Core i3 Core2 Quad or clearance servers
- Promotion applicable to new servers only - cannot be used to replace an existing iWeb server
- Please note that the discount will not appear in the order process but it will be applied after 72 hours
- Cannot be combined with other special offers, promotions or discounts
- Promotion valid until 23:59 January 31, 2015